Friday 27 April 2012

Evaluation of my Essay on Silence and Blur

My essay became a real struggle, I found it very difficult to get the actual writing of it done. I had spent weeks researching my first essay and four whole days writing it. I felt completely disheartened that I had to re-write it. The first essay had had too much content, I was discussing too many subjects and the feedback I received was that I should choose two or three topics and write about them. This is what I did. I chose to write about Silence and Blur. But as soon as I handed this second essay into the office yesterday, I thought to myself, how silly I was. Why didn't I just work on the first essay until it was right for hand in. I am so frustrated that I didn't do this. I feel that my first essay was much better than the second, and I could have improved it. 


Writing about silence and blur I found it impossible to find any contextual quotes relevant to my theme. I have read so many books, but although I searched and searched for philosopher's who had written about these two subjects, I just could not find anything that fitted into my essay. Consequently my essay has no depth to it, and I know that it is just not good enough. It does not flow, the references I have do not fit in well with the writing, and it is not as I would want it to be. And as I was struggling so much to actually get it done, even the referencing is not accurate. Time was running out on me and I left it too late. 


Everything is clear in hindsight, but I am so annoyed with myself that I did not work on the first essay. I am very disappointed with myself and feel that I have let myself down. (First essay published on 22nd March 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment