Friday 9 December 2011

A Link to my Art College Blog

The Musings of a Mature Student
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.
Friday, 9 December 2011

Work Completed for December 2011 Deadlines

I've handed in both assignments and I'm happy with the work I have completed for them. I enjoyed both the academic and practical side of the assignments, and even feel that my presentation yesterday afternoon went well. This is not something I would normally feel confident about.

This year I am beginning to develop may creativity in more depth and with a more conceptual approach. We are being encouraged to consider our artistic identities, and this is very exciting for me. I felt that I was able to talk about my work with more confidence because I have understood the philosophies and academic texts that I am reading which are relevant to my work. I am also finding that there are aspects of traditional and contemporary art that influence me, and this is something that I will research further in the future.

I am no longer afraid to disclose my innermost thoughts and feeling because I consider this to be an integral part in reaching my potential as an artist.










No comments:

Post a Comment